How in the world is it May?!
Time flies by really fast!
I feel like it was a couple weeks ago when I was in the classroom with you all and it has really been almost 7 weeks since I have seen you!
Would you like to grow a rainbow?
The steps are super easy and fun!
Things you will need:
Paper Towel- absorbent
Washable Markers- must be washable
2 Small Glasses
- Fold the paper towel (hot dog style). Trim the length to be about 7.5 inches.
- Draw rectangles of the rainbow colors on each end so you have every color of the rainbow. Make sure to fill the color in well enough so there is enough dye to travel through the paper towel.
- Place two cups of water that are about 3/4 full of water. You only want the bottom of the paper towel in so there is some space from the top of the cup. Do not place the ends too deep because the water will then absorb the colors instead of the paper towel. (The water will absorb some color)
- The washable marker will slowly make it's way up the paper towel to meet with the other side in the center of the towel.
- Leave the paper towel for about 10-20 minutes and the colors will eventually connect.
Here's how mine ended up!
I did not have a blue washable marker so I used pink instead!
Try it out! It only takes 20 minutes!